Right header widget on Blissful theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Right header widget on Blissful theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kathiemt 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

kathiemt
    Participant

Does anyone know how to get the widget stuff to actually be in the top right hand corner as in the demo at http://demo.studiopress.com/blissful/?

I have put a widget for the simple social icons in the header right widget area but it’s putting them over the ribbon area underneath and not top right.

The site is currently in maintenance mode as the client doesn’t want it live till it’s ready to launch, but if anyone knows from what they can see of the theme, or if they’ve used that theme, it would be useful to know.

Thanks.

Virtual Assistant & Nature Photographer
    Kathie Thomas: VADirectoryClick here for Australian images

anitac
    Participant

That area is coded to be used with a Text widget and not the social icons. Here are the instructions for that area – http://my.studiopress.com/setup/blissful-theme/#headermenu.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

kathiemt
    Participant

Ok, thanks Anita. So you’re saying I can’t put them up there at all then?

I’ve just added that code to see what would happen – it’s even putting that text over the ribbon and not up in the top right-hand side. I’ll have to work out what the padding settings are for that section. I’ll go off and explore the css again.

anitac
    Participant

You can put the code in there however the ribbons may not appear properly as you can see. Look at that link I sent you and match up the IDs to the CSS.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

kathiemt
    Participant

Yes, thanks Anita. What’s happened is the social media icons have overlaid the ribbon. Actually doesn’t look out of place. I’ve changed the colours of the social media icons and they look like they’re supposed to be on the ribbon. I’ll wait and see what the owner thinks once she sees it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.