RSS Aggregation Ideas anyone?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion RSS Aggregation Ideas anyone?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anita 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

rstyner
    Participant

I am trying to find the best way to post articles on a news type blog from around the web. I want to get articles from different news sites posted automatically onto my blog (kind of like a news hub – for lack of a better term). I want the whole article posted on my site with proper credits being given to the original site.

I tried Feedwordpress last night but all it did was post the titles and either linking to the original article or linking to a post on my blog, but the post only has the title but no other content from the original article.

Now please go easy on me with this one, because I am in deep territory ;)

I will be doing this at freepress360.com, but you won’t be able to see the Feedwordpress plugin on it now as I deactivated it when I couldn’t get it to do what I wanted.

Also, I would like to eliminate duplicate content problems. Is this possible?

Any input is appreciated.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  rstyner. Reason: misspelled a word
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  rstyner. Reason: misspelled a word
    http://freepress360.com

Anita
    Participant

Do you want each of the feeds to have individualized posts? I just installed this a few weeks ago for a client – http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-rss-multi-importer/screenshots/.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

rstyner
    Participant

Yes I would like individualized posts. The basic idea I want to do is gather some news sources and have them all on the site. Kinda like a hub. Will I have duplicate content issues? Is there a fix for that?

Anita
    Participant

There are settings in there that run like a Chron Job so what it does is… goes out and looks for NEW content and pulls that new information in. I would suggest setting up a demo and trying it out. It’s pretty neat and pulls in the featured images also.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!

rstyner
    Participant

Is there a site I can look at that’s using this that you thinks is a good example?

rstyner
    Participant

Ok, I installed it but can’t seem to get it to do what I’m looking for. On the home page it has the Title etc for me to click to go to the individual post, but the entire post from the feed is not coming in and it’s only an excerpt. Can you look at it and tell me where I am messing up? http://freepress360.com

rstyner
    Participant

Oh and of course the time/date stamp is wrong also, but I looked into that and followed the instructions, but nothing changed when I fixed the time zone area in admin

Anita
    Participant

Unfortunately, I don’t provide plugin support and cannot troubleshoot why it’s not working for you. I would suggest posting a message on their support area as this is plugin related.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.