Scandir Permission Denied on Genesis/Innovative

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Scandir Permission Denied on Genesis/Innovative

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Robin
    Participant

Deactivated all plugins. Get the error messages below. When I activate the TwentyTen theme, it is fine but when I reactivate this theme, I get the error messages below.

Did a FRESH install of WP 3.5.1 and did a FRESH install of Genesis 1.9. Did a FRESH install of Innovative and still get this messge.

Warning: scandir(/home/content/50/9072750/html/wp-content/themes/genesis) [function.scandir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home/content/50/9072750/html/wp-includes/class-wp-theme.php on line 980

Warning: scandir() [function.scandir]: (errno 13): Permission denied in /home/content/50/9072750/html/wp-includes/class-wp-theme.php on line 980

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/50/9072750/html/wp-includes/class-wp-theme.php on line 983

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/50/9072750/html/wp-includes/class-wp-theme.php:980) in /home/content/50/9072750/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 876

Kraft
    Participant

I’d think it may be a permissions issue. Have you tried setting the permissions of the folder to either 755 or 775? (Likely, the easiest way is to use the file manage in your host’s control panel or via FTP using a client like Filezilla).

Brandon Kraft
    Volunteer
    Blog | Twitter | Business
    Genesis eNews Extended Support

Robin
    Participant

I changed the file permission to 755 and that didn’t work and then tried 775 and that didn’t work. Also tried 777.

Kraft
    Participant

Honestly, I would check with your host’s support if changing the permissions didn’t do the trick (at least for the scandir errors). Once those are cleared up, we can tackle the rest (if they are still returned).

Brandon Kraft
    Volunteer
    Blog | Twitter | Business
    Genesis eNews Extended Support

anitac
    Participant

I posted something from my phone and it’s not here. Anyway, rename your Plugin folder on your server to Plugin-Old and then check to see if you have the error.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

anitac
    Participant

You also posted this problem here – http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/receiving-warnings-on-genesislifestyle/. We cannot assist you in two places.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Robin
    Participant

Thanks. I changed the plugin folder to Plugin-Old but still get the error messages.

I called the hosting company and confirmed that the file permissions were set to 755 on the wp-includes folder and the class-wp-theme.php file.

Still getting same error messages.

Really appreciate your help.

anitac
    Participant

Who is your host? Did you do a server side installation or manual? And with the first install – had you just done that or did you have it and you upgraded it from a previous version?

Robin
    Participant

Godaddy is the host. Yes, I did a manual install myself by deleting wordpress and reinstalling. Then did an install of wordpress from Godaddy’s site as well.

Thanks for your help.

anitac
    Participant

At this point, I would suggest you put in a support ticket since this is only happening with Genesis Framework themes (Lifestyle is a SP theme and Innovative is Community).

Robin
    Participant

Finally, got it fixed. Kept googling it and one person said it had to do with PHP so I decided to call Godaddy back again and asked them to reinstall PHP. They said they could not reinstall PHP, but they would reset the permissions on the hosting account and said it could take from one hour to 24 hours, but it fixed it in 5 minutes.

Hopefully, this can help someone else.

Pays to be persistent, and I really, really appreciate your help, Anita.

Thank you.
    Robin

anitac
    Participant

Excellent! I’ll have to keep that fix handy in case someone else has the problem.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.