Scribble Theme Header Not Centered

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Scribble Theme Header Not Centered

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ashley3ee 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

JLHalsted
    Participant

After updating to Genesis 2.0, my header at
    Ireland With Kids
    is now appearing at the left.

I remember having this issue when I installed Scribble a couple years ago, but have no idea how I did it. I am sure the answer was in the old forums but I can’t access those anymore.

My header is 949×203, so I don’t think the size is the issue. I’ve included a code snippet below.

#header {
    background: url(images/bg-header.png) no-repeat top center;
    background-position: center center !important;
    min-height: 203px;
    margin: 0 0 10px;
    overflow: hidden;

• This topic was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  JLHalsted.
    • This topic was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  JLHalsted.
    http://irelandwithkids.com/

anitac
    Participant

I see two headers in there. When I use Firebug I see this:

#header {
    background: url(“http://irelandwithkids.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/cropped-For-websites-Page-011-949×204.jpg”) no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent !important;
    }

When I remove it, I see a totally different CENTERED logo identified as bg-header.jpg.

Try removing the above code and see if you see the header.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by  anitac.
    • This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by  anitac.

JLHalsted
    Participant

Thanks Anitac. Would you have any idea where I might find that code? It’s not in my style.css and I’m not sure where else to look?

Thanks!

anitac
    Participant

If you don’t see it, go to Appearance > Header and click reset so it removes whatever header is there.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

ashley3ee
    Participant

I’m having the same exact problem since updating to the new Genesis: http://www.ashleybeeblog.com

JLHalsted
    Participant

Anitac- I removed the header image and see the header that is in the firebug code you listed above. But I can’t find that code to remove it.

I know this was an issue when Scribble first came out and you had to go into css – somewhere- to fix it. The problem is that I don’t remember the fix (it was in the old forums), so I can’t undo it.

If you visit IrelandWithKids.com now you see the header that was “behind” the other. But I have no idea where to find it to remove it… Thoughts?

ashley3ee
    Participant

JLHalsted, it looks like you were able to fix it, do you mind sharing how?

JLHalsted
    Participant

Ashley3ee- it’s not fixed. That is an old header that is not supposed to be there. If you look above, you will see that there were two headers. This is the one I can’t find to delete. If I add the other one in, via the Genesis header, it is off to the left.

ashley3ee
    Participant

Strange, I don’t have 2 headers. The only one that shows up is in the WordPress Header section that I uploaded, but same thing. It’s off to the left, so frustrating! I sent the support a message to see if they had a fix for it. I’ll update if I hear anything.

anitac
    Participant

@JLHalsted @ashley3ee why don’t you ladies use the contact box on my website and send me a note. I will take a look virtually from here. I can look at each one separately. I’ll send you instructions so I can see your dashboards from here.

ashley3ee
    Participant

@JLHalsted Try putting a #wrap in front of the #header tag in your CSS for a simple fix. Here’s what mine was:

#header {
    background: #ebebea;
    min-height: 461px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    }

Make this simple change
    #wrap #header {
    background: #ebebea;
    min-height: 461px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    }

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.