Search Form Placement and Customization

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Search Form Placement and Customization

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cehwitham 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Penny
    Participant

To get the positioning that I need using AgentPress, I’ve added a search form to the header-right widget via a text box.

See http://tcsnj.wpengine.com/category/news/

But I’m having trouble customizing the look of the input box and button via CSS.  No matter what I try, it doesn’t seem to have any effect.  Not sure if this is because I’m not using the Search widget.

How do I go about customizing this? 

Or is there a better way to accomplish this layout?

Thanks!

cehwitham
    Participant

Hi Penny,

Not entirely sure how you want this to look in the end, the layout doesn’t look bad to me in its current state.

I think the Gravity Form styles are overiding whatever you’re trying to change on the button. Try being more specific with your CSS selector or placing your button styles after the GF styles in style.css (it looks like the GF styles are around line 1741). Look for:
    div.gform_footer input.button,input[type="button"], input[type="submit"]
    Putting something like #header .widget area input[type=submit'] { your styles here;} might work.

Chris

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

Penny
    Participant

Thanks for your response, Chris.  I did what you suggested and was more specific with the styling in the actual form as opposed to trying to change the style sheet.  Worked great.

cehwitham
    Participant

Great, glad you got it working.

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.