Search Results links open in new tab

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Search Results links open in new tab

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  asterbird 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

etchattic
    Participant

Hi there.

I was looking to make the links on my search results page open in New tabs. Does anyone know how I could do this.

I’m working on an information heavy site and this seems to be a great way to open and close search results easily.

Thanks

Craig

http://thewebattic.com/isamb/?s=test

etchattic
    Participant

Any Body have Ideas.

Seems every Question I ask these days goes unanswered. Is the support forum overloaded???

asterbird
    Participant

yeah, pretty much :) no, actually i have no idea, haven’t been around the forums much if I have no questions :)

there’s a target="blank" you can add manually to <a> tags. Did you know about that? Don’t know if you want to insert manually or not. Maybe there’s a php function you could create to insert that into every<a> tag on search pages… something like that.

etchattic
    Participant

Yeah I was looking for a php function that would do that. I’m no guru when it comes to writing functions so was hoping there would be some help in the forum.

A new search page template with the function in it would be ideal

Any ideas ???

asterbird
    Participant

I’ve seen a couple js solutions over in the WP forums, you might want to search “add target blank to a href” or something like that over there. quite a few topics come up.

I don’t know of any php functions, perhaps others can chime in. Sorry.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.