Search via Google for post URL only renders category archive result

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Search via Google for post URL only renders category archive result

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jayvega 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jayvega
    Participant

Very odd issue has happened with my site that is dramatically impacting traffic.

It looks as if my posts are not appearing in Google SERPS.

At first I thought I may have been penalized for some crazy reason, BUT many pages and category archives still appear.

When I place a specific post URL in google search, it provides the category archive page for the post, but not the post itself….

Genesis core updated, along with WP and plugins.

Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Zach Russell
    Participant

Hello,

I deal with SEO & WP Issues on a daily basis, there could be several reasons this is happening. Fist, what is the URL if your website? It is easiest for me to pick out issues by seeing your site.  Is your site verified with Google Webmaster Tools, and if it is did you make an XML Sitemap, and submit it. Next, is are blog posts appearing on your sitemap if you excluded them, Google may not pick them up immediately.

I’ll take a look at your site and let you know if I see anything awkward  It may just take some time though, I’ve seen this happen before with very large sites, google only indexes so many URLs at a time.

———-
    Zach Russell
    President, ProTech Internet Group

jayvega
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.