Seeking Homepage Template without Three Widgets, Need to Fit 300-500 words

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Seeking Homepage Template without Three Widgets, Need to Fit 300-500 words

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  swstudio 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

swstudio

I am frustrated with Studio Press and Genesis. I serve professional services clients (law firms, CPAs, dentists, etc.) and for the past year and a half, I have searched the web, tested out Genesis themes and struggled to set them up. Part of the problem is those three widgets they always have on the home page, underneath the home page large image. I need to give my clients a solution that allows for 300-500 words of text on the home page so they get found by Google. All of my competitors do that. I would really like a theme that allows for a home page banner, then UNDERNEATH, a content and sidebar.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am considering purchasing from Web Savvy Marketing or another vendor, but all of those themes have at least one ugly or blaring feature (in my eyes) that makes it unusable. Once I start to ask for help in adjusting it in a way that’s supported, the Genesis StudioPress staff is helpful, polite, but very clear that I’m not their problem. I understand, but I’d love to use Genesis in my business.

Maybe I need to use another template, but if anyone knows of a theme with a home page banner, then content and sidebar underneath, please let me know. Thank you.

• This topic was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  swstudio.

nutsandbolts

Any Genesis child theme’s homepage template should be modifiable for what you’re looking for. Can you tell or show me exactly what kind of layout you’d like for a homepage? If I can see it (even if it’s a quick doodle with the content sections in boxes) I’ll be glad to help you. Also, if there’s a particular child theme you’d like to modify for this purpose, let me know and I’ll gear it toward that theme.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

swstudio

Hi. Thanks so much for your help. I set up the Enterprise template at http://www.bigelowfencing.com. I would like to know how to create it so there is the main image, then two-thirds a size wide text and then one-third size as a sidebar. Sort of like http://www.heifetzrose.com.

What do you think?

That aside, I am looking to work with outside WordPress support and will look over your website. Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.