Self hosted theme demos

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Self hosted theme demos

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nutsandbolts 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

NWTD
    Participant

A while ago, I purchased a membership to StudioPress that grants me access to all the themes. I am offering these themes to my hosting clients (not for resell). Is it possible to host a demo of each of the themes (like on StudioPress) on my site?

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

You could do that, provided you have sufficient resources to hold that many WordPress installations. The easiest way would be to create a subdomain for each child theme and install WP along with Genesis and that theme. You could import the demo content included in each child theme’s file.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

NWTD
    Participant

My choice of words, “host”, was not to imply that I wanted to host individual subsites for each theme on my network; unless, of course, that’s how StudioPress has accomplished this. I was hoping for the same interaction from the SP theme shop, with the ability to open/close theme demos in a lightbox style and the ability to demo a mobile version.

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

You could use a lightbox plugin with the direct links to the theme demos – http://demo.studiopress.com/THEME-NAME/

So basically you could have screenshot thumbnails like SP does, and clicking on them would bring up the demo in a lightbox or iframe.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.