SEO – Parents & Permalinks

Community Forums Forums General Discussion SEO – Parents & Permalinks

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nutsandbolts 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

webbuild

I am building a website using studiopress. Genesis theme and trying to decide what is best option for setting up links.

For example. If we have a page called sparkplugs and that is under menu item >> car-parts/ and the domain is ABCDcars.com

We can do the following .. if Parent is selected … ABCDcars.com/car-parts/sparkplugs/

or we can show it directly as >>> ABCDcars.com/sparkplugs/ << without parent.

So my questions are … 1 – what is the best option to use for SEO and why is that better option?

Also – Do we have to be consistent with using parent/child relationship…or can we choose for some pages and not for others. I don’t quite understand the impact of using a parent or not using it for SEO and Google.

Your help is appreciated. Thanks

http://restoremydata.com

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

I would recommend keeping the parent pages in your slugs – it tells search engines more about the structure of your site and how your content is laid out, as well as giving you the opportunity to use the parent page titles as additional keywords. Google “wordpress seo silo” to read more about this technique; there are tons of great articles out there.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.