Seo Settings not generating an H1 tag

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Seo Settings not generating an H1 tag

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jen Baumann 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

funktion
    Participant

I’ve had this happen a few times lately, and not sure what’s up. In Genesis SEO settings, I’ve got it set to wrap my site title in the <h1> tag, but then renders it in a <p> tag. Anyone have the same issue or any insights to this?

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

The h1 tag should only be on the home page. All other pages will get a p tag because the page title gets the h1.

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

funktion
    Participant

It is on the home page, on a few sites I’ve set up lately. Here’s an example - http://ik.earthman.ca/

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

Home Page is your H1 tag because you’ve set a static page as your home.  That’s expected behavior.

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.