Serenity – Posts 404 Error

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Serenity – Posts 404 Error

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nkitchen31 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

nkitchen31
    Participant

Okay I give up… I cannot figure this out. I create a post, with the permalink as the post name. I look at the website, click the link and I get the 404 Error. I change the permalink to page ID and it works fine. But it’s only on some of them. I delete the post and start over, and same thing – Error 404.

I read an article about doing CHMOD 666 and 644 but it did not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

http://www.toyourhealthcoaching.com

anitac
    Participant

The links are all working fine for me. Are you still having the issue? If so, clear your cache settings.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

nkitchen31
    Participant

The ones I’m having problems with are some under “Must Watch Documentaries” for example – Fat Sick & Nearly Dead.

Thank you for your help!

anitac
    Participant

Looking at other posts in the same category, most show up except those three. Go to each one of them and check the slugs and make sure they are correct.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

nkitchen31
    Participant

it matches exactly… I cannot figure this out… crazy!

anitac
    Participant

Look on the page for URI redirect which is down in the SEO. If there are any links in those, remove them.

anitac
    Participant

Go and delete your trash. Empty the trash and try again. If you create pages with the same URL/Slugs you need to dump the trash.

nkitchen31
    Participant

Already tried that as well.. because I noticed if the trash wasn’t deleted, it would automatically give it the slug name with a -2 at the end.

anitac
    Participant

Try to create a test blog – in another category and see if you have the same problem.

nkitchen31
    Participant

Does it matter if there is a “,” or “&” in the title? I wouldn’t think so… weird.

anitac
    Participant

No not the title – but maybe if it’s in the URL or the slug.

nkitchen31
    Participant

Well, I deleted the 2 that were giving me problems “Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead” and “Food, Inc.” and I changed the slug to a different name than before and it’s working now… no earthly idea! I changed the slug back to the original one, and again Error 404… Never seen this before.

anitac
    Participant

It could be stuck in the database somewhere. Did you dump your trash in pages also?

nkitchen31
    Participant

yes

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.