Set default parent of customer post type?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Set default parent of customer post type?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cehwitham 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

badjesus
    Participant

I am trying to use the Genesis Sub Menu which automatically creates a submenu of child items.
    The issues i am having, is I need to use this on my custom post types, and I don’t want to the user to have to set the parent each time, as the parent will always be the same.

Is there any way to do this? I can’t find much documentation on “Parent_Item” and “Parent_Item_Colon” to find how to properly use them or even if they would do the trick. I am assuming this is going to need to be a custom function in my functions.php instead of in my actual customer post type set up?

Any help or pointers would be awesome. I just spend the last few hours googling this with no avail.
    Thanks in advance!
    Jamie

cehwitham
    Participant

Hi Jamie,

Not sure if this is along the right lines of what you’re looking for and it would need some modification for your custom post type but Kafkaesqui’s comment in the article below might be helpful.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/default-page-parent

Chris

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.