Set Education theme home page layout only

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Set Education theme home page layout only

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

boldplan
    Participant

I’m trying to set the Education theme to a 2 column layout and set the home page only to a 3 column layout. However, I don’t see any instructions on how to do this, only that it seems to be implied that the theme is “based” on the 3 column layout. This would seem to mean that you have to set the default for the entire theme to be 3 column? Unfortunately you can’t assign a page to the home page and set that layout. Anyone have an idea how to just custom set the home page?

braddalton
    Participant

You can change it conditionally using PHP code. http://wpsites.net/web-design/change-layout-based-on-any-conditions/

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

boldplan
    Participant

Brad – thanks. It’s not on there but I’m guessing I can swap out single with the is_home from the codex. Many thanks.
    (Also like your plugin which makes certain things much more convenient even though I like getting under the hood. ;) )

braddalton
    Participant

That’s right. You can use is_home() or is_front_page()

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.