Setting up new blog and product site to help elderly

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Setting up new blog and product site to help elderly

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rav0418 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

rav0418
    Participant

Hi,

I’m new to wordpress and have been reading the tutorials and the threads on this site..  I’m impressed with the quality of the posts and the overall genesis ecosystem.  I bought all of the themes and have been spending the last week learning genesis, wordpress, css, etc…  I apologize if I post this request for help in the wrong section – it’s difficult navigating this forum.

The goal of my site is to help the elderly age-in-place at home; assisted living centers and nursing homes should be the exception not the norm.  I will be creating a blog to build my customer list and then offer consulting services.  About 90% of my content will be free.  I will post written content, video, pictures, and audio content.  Examples of the topics that I will post are:

1. How to navigate government agencies to obtain financing to pay for your home modification for the elderly?

2. How to create an end of life map?

3. How to get the government to pay you for caregiving?

4. Are we prepared for a society with more walkers than strollers?

My target audience is women between the age of 45-55 ( about 75% of them perform the primary caregiving service ).  I think the outreach or the stream line theme would be best.  Any feedback will be deeply appreciated!

• This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  rav0418.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  rav0418.

Hard Boiled Greg
    Participant

Hi,

Not sure what your question is.  Are you looking for suggestions with respect to the best looking theme for your topic?

Outreach and Streamline themes that you mentioned are both really nice looking themes.  All of the StudioPress themes are great looking themes out of the box and can be further tweaked to meet your individual needs.  I suggest you choose a theme that most closely matches the layout you are interested in and then come back to this forum if you need help changing colors and font etc.

Take care,

HBG

rav0418
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback.  I’m actively working on my website and will post it in the presentations area when I’m done.  I quickly realized that I need to create a minimum website so I can receive better feedback from the community.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.