Share button plugins – Page Errors in IE

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Share button plugins – Page Errors in IE

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lisa at OG 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Lisa at OG
    Participant

I’m wondering if anyone else has encountered this. I have tried three different share plugins (Share This, Add to Any and Shareaholic). They all work great EXCEPT in IE8 (possibly 9 and 10 as well) there is a caution in the bottom left window corner stating page errors as follows:

Webpage error details

Line: 92
    Char: 647
    Code: 0
    URI: http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js

Has anyone else encountered this and found a solution?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  Lisa at OG.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  Lisa at OG.

anitac
    Participant

I haven’t but I think it’s a issue that would be resolved by Facebook since it’s trying to call a function in the Facebook Connect. I use the share buttons inside the Jetpack Plugin and don’t have that problem.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Lisa at OG
    Participant

Hey Anitac, what do you mean by it’s an issue that would be resolved by Facebook?

anitac
    Participant

Well it’s between the plugin developers and Facebook. The Facebook share button works off of an API and FB is always changing it. I wouldn’t be too concerned with it. It has no baring on the content being shared to FB by your visitors. It’s not a WordPress issue. If you are concerned, you should post it on each of the share buttons Support pages on the repository.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Lisa at OG
    Participant

We always like to do an HTML Validation and get our clean bill of health. I hate to see error messages even if they are not affecting our functionality. Great minds think alike – I have done exactly that and left messages for the respective plugins. Thanks Anita.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.