Share (Social) Icons on Homepage for Each Post?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Share (Social) Icons on Homepage for Each Post?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Brain916 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Brain916
    Participant

Another question to ask the talented people at the Studio Press forums,

On the homepage of each blog post, I wanted to add a Twitter and Facebook like button either below the thumbnail image, or below the text and “Read More”. I know shortcode will be needed and some PHP added to the functions.php file…but I have no idea what to do or what I am looking for….Or even easier, a plugin to use.

You can see an example here of what I want: http://www.sneakerfiles.com/ (scroll down past the 3 top posts), or I would like it below the “Read More”.

Any and all help is really appreciated.

Lorraine
    Participant

I like the Shareaholic plugin, you can set this to show at various different places on the site. It’s a bit more in your face than the ones you’ve linked to but you can remove the lead image in the settings.

Brain916
    Participant

Hello, thank you for your input. I actually figured it out and got some php and css with shortcode to work. I do have a follow up question but I am going to make a new post.

Gary10
    Participant

Brain, have you written a shortcode for Simple Social Icons? Thanks, Gary

AliKK
    Participant

I’m personally a fan of using Jetpack’s built in share icons.

Brain916
    Participant

@Gary10 I didn’t personally write it, but I found some edits online to help, but yes I am using it as a short code.

@AliKK it works ok, but options on location were limited.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  Brain916.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  Brain916.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.