Should be simple, no? [header issue]

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Should be simple, no? [header issue]

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dkrause 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Bases Loaded
    Participant

Hi,

I have searched and searched, but can’t find an answer to what my novice mind assumed would be a relatively simple trick.

The issue: Need to replace the default header text in [Outreach theme] with a logo image.  I want to keep the existing header image, I just want to replace the text with a graphic.

Problem: If I simply create a new header image with the logo, it will not show up in mobile displays properly.  The default header text area resizes perfectly centered on mobile devices.  I need the image logo to do that.

What is the best solution to accomplish this?

Just for clarity, I simply want the new logo image to fill the native space that the default header text seems to, so that everything resizes properly across devices.  At the moment, the only solution I can find does not properly center the logo the same way the default “out-of-the-box” theme does.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, been trying to find a solution for over a week.

Susan

Try the Genesis Responsive Header plugin – it allows you to add different size header images so that it looks good on all mobile devices.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

dkrause
    Participant

Susan,

Is it safe to assume this plugin allows you to upload a new logo image (with transparent background) and it will replace the default text in the header title? Mobile display is not my issue, but I have had trouble replacing the default text with a new logo image. My attempts so far have just yielded a big mess.

My site: http://www.thedianekrause.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.