Show comment form on home page

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Show comment form on home page

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nutsandbolts 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

genevishgraphics
    Participant

Using Runway. Have used Bill Erickson’s Grid Loop plugin to show full posts on the home page, but the comment form is only available when you click on the post title on the home page. How can I force the comment form to be visible on the home page OR force the home page to act like the blog – currently I have the Reading Settings set to home page=latest blog posts. Not sure how to go about this. Frustrated!!! TIA!!

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

Look in the Runway folder – you should have a home.php or front-page.php. Rename that file to something like home-old.php or front-page-old.php and you’ll be able to display a normal blog homepage instead of the widgetized homepage.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

genevishgraphics
    Participant

I totally removed the home.php and the home page still does not display the blog page normally – I have combed through the entire functions.php and there is nothing related to the home page at all. So confused!

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

After removing home.php, what is set to show in Settings > Reading?

I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

genevishgraphics
    Participant

Front Page displays your latest posts. That is why I am soooo confused. Everything is set correctly – any other ideas?

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

Wait… I’m confused. If you’re using the grid loop on the homepage, then it should be displaying the grid loop instead of normal blog posts. That plugin will override everything else.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.