Show One Full Length Post followed by post excerpts in Lifestyle theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Show One Full Length Post followed by post excerpts in Lifestyle theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

AndreaKay
    Participant

Hi there!  I am trying to find a way (or plugin) to show one full length post followed by the remaining blog posts in a post excerpt form.  I am using the Lifestyle theme.  None of the plugins I have tried worked (Genesis Grid Loop, Genesis Post teaser, etc.).  I found one thread that seemed helpful (http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/one-full-post-then-excerpts/) however, it does not appear as though the lifestyle theme has the genesis grid loop.  Any tips or advice would be most welcomed…

Thanks,

Andrea

Susan

Andrea – do you want to keep the widgeted layout that the Lifestyle theme currently has? If so, where do you want the blog posts to display (before or after the widgeted area?)

Use this tutorial to add a genesis grid loop to your existing home.php, if you wish to retain the functionality that Lifestyle has on the home page.

(edited to remove link to tutorial which will no longer work in Genesis 1.9)
    If you don’t care about the current functionality of the Lifestyle home page, you can consider removing the content you don’t need from the Lifestyle home.php.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Susan

Actually, I take that tutorial back. With the most recent upgrade to Genesis 1.9, I don’t believe that will work any longer.

Try this one instead:

http://wpsmith.net/2013/genesis/genesis-grid-loop-in-genesis-1-9/

AndreaKay
    Participant

Hi Susan – – Thanks for responding so quickly.  I will take a look at this tomorrow and let you know if I have any further questions.

xoxo

AndreaKay
    Participant

Okay – – so I really want to use the genesis grid loop plugin.  What would I have to remove from the lifestyle home.php to get it to work properly?  Thanks.  I have the grid loop installed right now, you can see it is not working.  http://barebloom.com

Thanks again Susan!

Susan

Andrea – it looks like you got your issue resolved?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.