Show Posts In Archive Format Under Content

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Show Posts In Archive Format Under Content

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bvags 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

bvags
    Participant

Hola!

I have been getting a lot of sponsors (on the right sidebar), and because of that, a lot of blank white space underneath my content area on the left. I would like to have some more content (on the left side) underneath the comment area to fill some of that space.

Here is an example of a post with a lot of blank space below: http://www.crossfit-competitions.com/2012/12/a3-crossfit-juggernaut-fest/.

I have been tinkering around with having a certain number of posts from the “Recently Added Events” category appear down there just as they would appear on the category archive page (http://www.crossfit-competitions.com/category/recently-added-events/).

Can’t seem to get it to work. Is this possible?

Thanks …
    -Brian

SoZo

Yes, it’s possible. You could install a related posts plugin or add in a sidebar down there and put a featured post widget into it.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

bvags
    Participant

Hi SoZo,

Thanks for the response. I actually already have a “Related Posts Plugin” in there, and it’s showing other results in the same category, but I’d like to be able to showcase the last 5, 10 or so events that were posted in all categories.

Is there a way to copy the chunk of code that produces the “Recently Added Posts” archive page and paste it into the main template page? Really just trying to avoid continuing to add plugins to the theme. Already have a bunch in there.

-Brian

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.