Shrink sidebar and expand forum page?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Shrink sidebar and expand forum page?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mattOVM 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Pavle

Hi guys,

Any idea how to enlarge my forum page and shrink sidebar?

From this http://www.cardzreview.com/forums/

To something similar to this http://elitegamingcomputers.com/forum (Site is from one of the StudioPress forum members and it looks great)

Any tip would be highly appreciated and would help me a lot in my final process of making the site.

Cheers.
    Pavle

Kellylise
    Participant

Possibly related info:
    Carrie Dils has a tutorial: http://www.carriedils.com/genesis-theme-tutorial-primary-sidebar/

Pavle

Hey Kellylise,
    Thanks for sharing.

However since this is a bbPress thing, my /forums is not a page (at least it does not have a edit page options).
    So I think I might need something a little bit more specific.

Tonya

You can isolate the bbPress forum pages by adding styling that has body.bbpress before the specific class styling you are targeting. To change the widths for example, do the following:

1. Add this after line 1428

body.bbpress .sidebar {
    width: 260px; /* shrank it by 100px */
    }

2. Add this after line 1137

body.bbpress .content {
    	width: 800px;
    }

You can adjust the widths for what you want them to be here.

Web developer, Software & Electrical Engineer, Bringing ideas to life is my art
    Find Me: tonyadoescode.com | Twitter | GitHub | Customize without touching the child theme

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  Tonya. Reason: forgot the body.bbpress on the .content
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  Tonya. Reason: forgot the body.bbpress on the .content

Pavle

@Tonya

You are simply the best! Thanks a million.
    This piece of code works absolutely amazing. :)
    Marked as resolved.

Tonya

You are very welcome. Enjoy your day :)

Web developer, Software & Electrical Engineer, Bringing ideas to life is my art
    Find Me: tonyadoescode.com | Twitter | GitHub | Customize without touching the child theme

mattOVM
    Participant

I am trying to do a similar thing. What I can’t find/understand is where to place the code you mentioned Tonya? I am looking all over for lines 1428 and 1137 where that would make sense, but I can’t seem to find where you are talking about?

Is it somewhere in the BBpress plugin? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Shrink sidebar and expand forum page?’ is closed to new replies.