sidebar-content-sidebar background

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks sidebar-content-sidebar background

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan Nelson 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

sahdow
    Participant

Using sleek theme can’t get background working correctly on pages with sidebar-content-sidebar layout.

On the sidebar-content-sidebar layout I need to have the background cover the full width, not just the content-sidebar-wrap (slightly different background than one used on content-sidebar layout).

I’ve tried a bunch of variations with the #inner, .sidebar-content-sidebar, #content-sidebar but can’t get the background to cover both the sidebar-alt and content-sidebar.

I’ve also attempted apply a background directly to #inner, but for some reason can’t get it to display.

http://watto.saeler.org/category/buckle 

The darker grey behind the featured images should be behind sidebar-alt and the entire background cover #inner.

Can someone tell me what I’m missing in the CSS or do I need to splice the background and apply it to each side?

sahdow
    Participant

Anyone?

I also tried adding structural support to functions and defining #inner .wrap to have a background and still nothing.

Susan Nelson
    Participant

I would probably put it on #inner and then try adding overflow: auto; to that div.

Susan Nelson | Oh, Hello Designs | Twitter | Facebook

sahdow
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion, but problem is – applying background to inner isn’t doing anything. I’ve searched for conflicts, but can’t find any. Even apply a simple background color doesn’t work; I’ve also tried it using !important.

Susan Nelson
    Participant

Did you try adding overflow: auto; to #inner?

sahdow
    Participant

Don’t understand why it worked, but it did! I’ll have to review overflow properties – thanks..

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  sahdow.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  sahdow.

Susan Nelson
    Participant

You’re welcome! :)

Here’s a basic description of why overflow: auto works.  http://www.quirksmode.org/css/clearing.html

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Susan Nelson.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Susan Nelson.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.