Sidebar displaying on wrong place on home

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Sidebar displaying on wrong place on home

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  DanielSchoenmaker 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

DanielSchoenmaker

Hello all,

I’m designing a website and have an issue with displaying in IE. It doesn’t display the sidebar on the right, but at the bottom of the content on the homepage. On other pages is’s okay.
    Does anyone have an idea?

Best regards,

http://w3.hetlandvanooitvanlego.nl/

genwrock

I tested your site on IE 8,9. I am not getting any issue. Sidebar is coming at right side. Clear your browser cache and check once again.

See My PRO Genesis Child Themes | Need Genesis Developer? | Follow Me on Twitter

DanielSchoenmaker

Thanks for testing! Glad it works on IE 8 and 9, but IE11 doesn’t seem to do the trick. Anyone having the same issue and a suggestion on how to solve it?

neilgee

This is odd I can see that in IE 11 the sidebar <aside></aside> is inside the <main></main> content -

but other browsers it appears outside.
    I think you need to check all elements have a closing tag.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  neilgee.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  neilgee.

DanielSchoenmaker

That’s strange.

I found out it had to do with the genesis responsive slider, since it’s not on the other pages. I removed it and everything works fine.

Now find out how exactly the slider fucks things up.

Thanks for looking into it! If you have another idea, I’d love to hear it!

DanielSchoenmaker

You were right! It had to do with the hook I used to place the sidebar. It had a before div, but not a after. Removing it solved my problem. Thanks for steering me in the right directon!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.