Sidebar for Individual Posts in Sample Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Sidebar for Individual Posts in Sample Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tenns 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Tenns

I’m designing a site using the Sample theme and I haven’t been able to register a sidebar for individual posts pages. The sidebar I did register posts the widget content under the post and the formatting is completely off with it.

Anyone that can offer a solution, would great be appreciated!

http://peonydreams.sweetfacestudio.com/sample-post-3/

AC
    Blocked

Are you trying to create a sidebar so that Blog Posts use one primary sidebar and your Pages use another primary sidebar? I see you are creating a theme – so are you wanting to give your customers options of what to use?

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  AC.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  AC.

Tenns

@Anitac Yes, in essence you hit the nail on the head. I would really just like for the sidebar to show up on the single posts and for some reason it when it does it’s not loading the widgets correctly.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Tenns.
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Tenns.

AC
    Blocked

I am confused as to why you would omit the ability to showcase the Primary on other pages. I’ve provided a lot of support for the Genesis Framework and I know for sure that people who purchase your theme will ask “where is the sidebar for the pages.” So I hope you plan on offering support for this theme so you can address this and give them a way to add it back.

Anyway, look at this – it may help you. You may need to change the hooks to fit the HTML5/Genesis 2.0 code.

Tenns

Hi @Anitac, I wanted the sidebar to show up on both the main page and blog post pages. I ended up figuring it out on another one of my sites, where I installed a fresh instance of Genesis and the Sample theme. Not sure what happened to it on my one site, to where the sidebar wouldn’t show up, but I got it all figured out.

Thanks for your feedback though!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.