sidebar size in magazine

Community Forums Forums General Discussion sidebar size in magazine

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lh 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

lh
    Participant

I was hoping to make both the primary and alt sidebars the same size (300), but when I changed the alt size and content size to accommodate the increase in alt, it appeared to force it lower down the page. What am I missing? Is there another step? I have looked for days trying every solution in forums but none of them seem to work. I

http://americandailyindependent.com

anitac
    Participant

You will need to modify the #content area when you modify the sidebars.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

lh
    Participant

Thanks anitac for your response. it is appreciated.

I wrote, “but when I changed the alt size and content size to accommodate the increase in alt, it appeared to force it lower down the page”

As I noted I changed the content area size. I believe it has something to do with the image size in the template, but I can’t be sure.

I think I am just going to try something other than this particular template. It is very inflexible and many of the associated widgets do not seem not be working either.

anitac
    Participant

If you want the sidebars to hold 300px wide content, i.e., ads you should use a width of 305px for each size and then adjust the content area to a smaller size, which means your content area will be very small. If it were me… and I had selected that theme… I would widen the entire wrap to accommodate those wider sidebars just so I could have a wider content area. The widgets work fine with the theme it’s a matter of modifying the CSS to house them.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

anitac
    Participant

P.S. If you want a theme that might play a little nicer for you that already has a 305px sidebar and has a wider wrap – check out Quattro. It’s responsive and it might be easier for you to make the other sidebar 305px.

lh
    Participant

Thank you for your response. I simply changed the size of the wrap and that allowed me to change the size of the sidebars.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.