Sidebar Widget Pushed out of Primary Sidebar area

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Sidebar Widget Pushed out of Primary Sidebar area

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  livelovepasta 1 year ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

livelovepasta
    Participant

Hi,

Im hoping someone can look on Firebug and tell me how to correct the problem of my Jetpack “Top Posts and Pages” widget is being pushed to the right of the first Text Widget under the Primary Sidebar?

I’m just dragging the Jetpack widget and placing it right above the other widgets I have, specifically above the Facebook like Widget…

Hopefully it’s a simple css thing, thanks for you help in advance!

http://www.livelovepasta.com

daveyank
    Participant

Try going to line 1010 of your CSS and adding “float:left;” to the “.sidebar .widget” declaration.

livelovepasta
    Participant

@daveyank

Thanks so much Dave. It worked!

If I could follow up with another question, do you know why the text widgets towards the bottom of my Primary Sidebar are clearly less width than some of the above widgets? I understand they are smaller ad units, and I have them set to be centered, but I thought since they were all under the same Primary Sidebar they would have the same width settings or wrap?

It’s not really a big deal, if it’s a simple answer then please let me know. If not, I really appreciate your help with the primary issue above!!! You made my day Dave, have a great weekend.

daveyank
    Participant

Great! Try setting “width:100%” in that same “.sidebar .widget” block and see if that helps.

livelovepasta
    Participant

Don’t think that worked but thanks anyways. I input the code and tried clearing the cache to see if it resolve the different size widget areas but they still look different.

Marking this topic resolved though, thanks so much for the help earlier!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sidebar Widget Pushed out of Primary Sidebar area’ is closed to new replies.