Sidebar Widgets Moved After Content

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Sidebar Widgets Moved After Content

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  RFB 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

RFB
    Participant

Hello,

Yesterday I had a question about removing the caption box from the responsive slider I am using, the post is below.

http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/responsive-slider-remove-caption-box/

I received the following CSS code to help me do that and it worked fine to remove the caption box when I placed it at the end of my /genesis-responsive-slider/style.css file.

.slide-excerpt.slide-825 {
    display: none;
    }

However, now when I view my front page and individual posts, all my sidebar widget items appear after my content and not in their originally designated places. This does not happen on pages, archives, or category linked pages. I removed the code above and restored my orginal style.css file but the problem still exists. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    RFB

media317
    Participant

What is the site URL? Helps when troubleshooting.

Alan

Alan Smith
    Media317

RFB
    Participant

RFB
    Participant

Just including a post to activate email notifications

EricL
    Participant

Hi RFB, I am having a similar problem but I see on viewing your site you have fixed the issue. Can you advise how you were able to solve this?

Thank You,

Eric

RFB
    Participant

Hello Eric,
    Not sure if I’ll be much help. I did not make any specific changes other than restoring the original code. Although, I had to wait for a period of time before the problem corrected itself. Like there was a lag between the code change and the site reading the code. This lag continues with changes I make to my site, even today. After the sidebars corrected themselves, I made the code change again to remove the caption box and it worked.

I don’t have an explanation other than the location of the code add in the CSS file. Originally, I place the code snipet at the end of the file. The next time I placed it directly before the “* jQuery FlexSlider v1.8″ code. Hope that may help

RFB

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.