Simple Sidebars/Defaults/Blog Pages

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Simple Sidebars/Defaults/Blog Pages

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kent 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Kent
    Participant

So I got all fancy schmancy and built my site using the Simple Sidebars plugin. I set the Genesis default for my page layout at Sidebar/Content/Sidebar and did up all my pages.

Then I realized on my blog archive pages and single blog posts, I want Content/Sidebar – but I don’t want the client to have to remember to change that every time.

So my question. Is my only option to go back and change the default to Content/Sidebar THEN go and overide that on all (69+) of my pages or is there a way I’m missing to designate a layout for blog posts otherwise?

Site is here, fwiw: http://www.fdsa.org/dev_site/

Bear in mind, I’d like to do this the right way, vs just hacking things up – even if that means reconfiguring all my pages one by one.

-Kent

Dad. Biker. Designer. | kentfackenthall.com | Circle me on Google+, and say hi so I can add you to my WordPress circle!

• This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  Kent. Reason: URL wasn't hyperlinked
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  Kent. Reason: STILL wasn't hyperlinked. No auto-linking, wtf?
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  Kent. Reason: URL wasn't hyperlinked
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  Kent. Reason: STILL wasn't hyperlinked. No auto-linking, wtf?

braddalton
    Participant

Try this: Genesis – Layout Extras plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/genesis-layout-extras/

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Kent
    Participant

Thanks Brad – will definitely check that out!

-Kent

Dad. Biker. Designer. | kentfackenthall.com | Circle me on Google+, and say hi so I can add you to my WordPress circle!

Kent
    Participant

That plugin is fantastic – thanks again, I can use that tons of places!

-Kent

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Simple Sidebars/Defaults/Blog Pages’ is closed to new replies.