Single Page Code??

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Single Page Code??

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lucaweb 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

lucaweb
    Participant

Hello,

i’m tring configuring the plugin “All in One Calendar” and testing with Eleven40 Studiopress Theme.

For to have a customized event page i should create a file php with contents of SINGLE.php of my theme!

I’m not able to find that code, i know that the Studiopress themes works on Genesis framework and i tried following studiopress tutorial for create a portfolio page but it don’t work!

I suppose i just need to “call” the layout template and then go to modify content for show events details!

Can somebody help me please!

txs

jchris
    Participant

I have the same problem using the News child theme. I have copied the “single.php” from the Genesis folder to my theme folder and renamed it as instructed by Timely.

However, apart from a php start and some out commented lines it only cotains this line of code:

genesis();

and that doesn’t say much to me.

I need to create this page to remove the sidebar from the single event page.

lucaweb
    Participant

hi jchris,

use this code inside the file php:
    <?php
    /**
    * The custom portfolio post type archive template
    */

/** Force full width content layout */
    add_filter( 'genesis_pre_get_option_site_layout', '__genesis_return_full_width_content' );

genesis();
    … you should obtain page without sidebars if is just that your issue!

I’m looking the way to customize the order of contents (time, map, excerpt, etc etc) but i think is not so easy with this plugin, i thinking to try Event Organiser, more customizable!

jchris
    Participant

lucaweb,

Thank you. That worked fine.

I haven’t tried the Event Organizer. I picked the All-In-One-Calendar because several calendars can share content via rss. The goal is to set up a calendar database for folk song festivals in the Nordic countries. In each country/region we want to present whats relevant but also have the possibility of showing all events in all countries.¬† My impression is that the Event Organiser can’t do this.

There is one feature that I really would appreciate, semantic coding of the events. (Microformats, RDFa or Microdata (from shema.org)) If you know of a calendar  pluginn that does this I would be interested in evaluating it.

Bets regards,

/chris

lucaweb
    Participant

Your welcome Chris,

happy to be helpful!!

I test it more events plugins but i can’t say what’s the best, each has its strengths and weaknesses¬† …

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.