Site Blank After Upgrade to 3.5.1

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Site Blank After Upgrade to 3.5.1

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SoZo 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

susanmsteele
    Participant

I use the Cr8tive Burst theme and upgraded to WordPress 3.5.1 today.  After I did that, my site disappeared.  It just loads a blank page.

I de-activated all the plugins, but that didn’t make any difference.  The only thing that did work was to switch to a non-Studio Press theme.  So I’m thinking it’s either a problem with Genesis or Cr8tive Burst.  Both show up as available themes, but when you try to use the Live Preview, it still shows a blank screen.

Really stumped.  Can I/should I roll back WordPress?

susanmsteele
    Participant

I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Genesis — site is still blank.  Also, Genesis keeps appearing and disappearing in the left sidebar menu.  Very weird.

SoZo

Does it work if you activate Genesis? Is Genesis up to date, 1.9?

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

susanmsteele
    Participant

No, Genesis will not activate either.  After I deleted it, I reinstalled the most current version.

And as I said, Genesis keeps disappearing from the sidebar menu.  It’s like WordPress thinks Genesis isn’t installed.

SoZo

It’s possible that your WP update didn’t complete. Try downloading WP and installing the new files manually through FTP.

susanmsteele
    Participant

Worked!  Actually tried re-installing automatically first on the off chance it might work and it did.  Thank you so much!  A lesson learned.

SoZo

Awesome!

You’re welcome :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Site Blank After Upgrade to 3.5.1’ is closed to new replies.