.site-inner, .wrap { white space question

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks .site-inner, .wrap { white space question

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Erin Ulrich 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

calderonjjavier

I am trying to get rid of the white space between the left margin and the beginning of the categories. I am looking for about an inch of white space before the categories as opposed to the 2 inches I am getting now. Every time I take the margin off auto and try to move it also moved my slider over to the right and increases the white space between the categories and slider.

I tried changing the margins to the following bellow and mess with the left margin only between px and rem but it still kept pushing the slider over the the right.

margin-top:auto ;
    margin-right: auto ;
    margin-bottom:auto;
    margin-left:auto;

Is this what I need to change to reduce the white space and keep the slider from moving to the right when I do?

.site-inner, .wrap {
    margin: 0 auto;
    max-width: 950px;
    margin-top: 2px;
    }
    http://www.javierprojects.com/

Erin Ulrich
    Participant

You will need to change the max-width of the .site-inner and the .wrap, it looks like. Right now the maximum is set at 950px. Once you widen this area, you’ll want to make the .content area wider. It’s currently set at 740px. Your slider width will also need to be adjusted because it’s currently set to 870px.

Erin Ulrich | Design by Insight | @erinulrich

calderonjjavier

Thank you. This worked. I am now trying to find the slider width.

Erin Ulrich
    Participant

Look under Genesis > Slider Settings. I think it’s a Genesis slider plugin, right?

calderonjjavier

That is correct! Thanks again.

Erin Ulrich
    Participant

You’re welcome!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.