Site password and access hacked???

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Site password and access hacked???

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 41 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author

AC
    Blocked

I just did a responsive Agentpress site here using Metro – demo3.cre8tivediva.com. This is the non-HTML5 version. I have the HTML5 version but I am not quite done with it yet. I will have them over on my site by the end of the week.

Summer
    Participant

Diann, putting together a child theme is next on my list. I’ve been making mods to a couple plugins, so a full theme seems to be the next logical step for a code tinkerer :)

Anita, let me know when they’re done and available for folks to download and/or purchase… I’m always looking for more Genesis themes to add to Genesis Themes Guide!

AC
    Blocked

@atouchofsummer, can you leave your email address over on my site. I am gathering emails to notify people. Thanks.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by  AC.
    • This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by  AC.

VegasAgent
    Participant

My question for Anita is, do you really love all things chocolate and coffee?? :) LOL

AC
    Blocked

Ha! Pretty much. I am a coffeeholic and chocaholic!!

cneuman
    Participant

@VegasAgent,

Check out http://moz.com/community/recommended on Moz.com for SEO companies that aren’t ripoffs.

Best,

AC
    Blocked

Diann did you resolve your issue? Are you able to get in?

VegasAgent
    Participant

Yes, thanks for asking! My web host ended up reinstalling the site from an earlier version. They think it actually had something to do with a server glitch. Nice to know it wasn’t a hack and that I also didn’t mess it up from my end! :)

AC
    Blocked

Okay, just checking. Can you mark this resolved at the top? Thanks.

VegasAgent
    Participant

Sure! Didn’t know I was supposed to do that. Thanks! And thanks again to all the members of this forum who were nice enough to take time out of their busy days to help me. You guys are awesome!

Silvana

Hello the site http://silvanadesserts.com/ was hacked twice. The site uses Genesis + Crystal child theme. The first time I was able to restore the wordpress login information through phpMyAdmin. I also upgraded the theme Genesis and the version of WordPress. The server provider restored the site, but refused to restore the uploads from the theme. So I have only the shell of the site without copy and images. If the hack is in the themes, Crystal or Genesis, as the server provided hinted, what I can do? Thank you, I will really appreciate your advice.
    Silvana

braddalton
    Participant

The hack may have come from an outdated plugin, weak password or outdated version of WordPress.

Pretty much impossible to hack the site via your theme.

I would read this about WordPress Security

Always keep a local backup.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.