Site speed hurting because of huge images in metro theme homepage

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Site speed hurting because of huge images in metro theme homepage

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ricmo 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ricmo

Hey guys,
    First time poster here. I’ve been looking around for a solution. I’m using the Metro Theme child theme. I expected way better load times with genesis but it seems my homepage is long to load because of the images (for example the 700×400 features post image).

I was wondering if there’s a way around that :S

http://macgamerhq.com

braddalton
    Participant

Generally you’ll find Genesis loads very fast but shared hosting can ruin that.

You could:

Use a CDN
    Smushit plugin
    Managed hosting

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

ricmo

I already have a managed hosting which is very fast.

I want to make it even faster but from what I can see on speed tests, on the homepage, the site will load the full images even if the actual size showed is 10 times smaller.
    That’s what I would like to avoid :S

coralseait
    Participant

Your images aren’t really contributing that much to your load from what I can see.

You have 3x 302 redirects which are harming you and a lot of external resources. Disqus and your ads seem to be hurting. You could specify better caching although the ads and disqus won’t cache.

You also have quite a few fonts, you could reduce to a couple to help improve.

ricmo

Thanks for the feedback man. I have since removed the ads, didn’t bring that much money anyway… However I do not know how I could decrease Fonts. :S

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.