Site Title CSS – Figuring Out My Fonts

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Site Title CSS – Figuring Out My Fonts

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  frobn 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

mborger
    Participant

Hello. I have a couple related questions regarding fonts on two sites: bigrockinvestments.com (BRI) and honoluludreamcondo.com (HDC).
    BRI uses AgentPress. However, I just updated both to Genesis 1.9 and I like the default font (visible on HDC) much better than the default of AgentPress (BRI) which is much more compact.
    I’m trying to find out:
    1) where these settings are located, and
    2) where/how to change them if desired.
    I did find this on the current BRI agentpress style.css (regarding site title):
    #title {
    font-family: ‘Oswald’, arial, serif;
    font-size: 48px;
    line-height: 48px;
    margin: 0 0 5px;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    }
    And I assume that it means Oswald is the default title font for AgentPress (site title in the header). But then I saw the exact same info in HDC which has a much different font being used for the title. So now I’m confused.
    I did see this: http://www.briangardner.com/google-font-combinations/ for some ideas. Of course, I’m not sure which combinations BRI and HDC are currently using given the above confusion – or where to look in the code to find this out.
    I also followed the link in that post to: http://www.studiopress.com/tips/google-web-fonts.htm but am not sure if this is still the correct way to go once I get a grip on the above as it’s an older post.
    Please help me understand the above as it relates to: site title (header) as well as fonts on regular posts and pages as everything looks different between BRI and HDC. Thank you kindly in advance.

mborger
    Participant

*UPDATE*

BRI now has the same issue — after upgrading to Genesis 1.9, the font of the site title changed. It’s now much wider and takes up more horizontal space, overwriting the logo that I embedded on the header image. Please see:

http://bigrockinvestments.com

Where can I change the font so that I can make it fit like the previous font before I upgraded?

Thank you.

mborger
    Participant

Moderators – apologies. The previous post was a caching issue. Please ignore the update.

However my original query of wanting to understand the fonts for the site titles (and elsewhere) still applies and how to alter them.

Thank you.

NBMEDIC
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

mborger
    Participant

I honestly can’t recall, but there are a ton of free icon sets online.

frobn
    Participant

Include  this css at the bottom of your style.css

[css]

#title {
    font-size: 54px;
    }[/css]

if you want a different font than the default font

add

font-family: ‘your font’;

If you do change the font you will probably need to change the size so that it fits properly.

If you want to see what fonts your theme is using open style.css in a text editor and search for ‘font-family’

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.