Site Unexpectly Crashes in Internet Explorer 8 (IE8)

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Site Unexpectly Crashes in Internet Explorer 8 (IE8)

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  FireSamurai 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #73200

    FireSamurai
    Participant
    Post count: 42

    Hi there. I’m wondering if someone can lend a helping hand on figuring out why a site I am building does a couple of things in Internet Explorer 8 (IE8).

    When I load it in IE8, it does two things:
    1) Says there’s an error and it switches to compatibility mode
    2) if it doesn’t do #1, then it crashes IE8.

    I think it has to do with the All-in-One Event Calendar plugin by Time.ly because when I disable that, it doesn’t do it anymore. The bad news is that my hands are tied when using that calendar plugin, so I’ve got to use it.

    Any advice or insights would be very appreciated, thank you!


    My Websites: TheCookingDish.com | ChrisMower.com
    Connect with me: Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Google +

    http://schools.graniteschools.org/fijase-2014/
    #73270

    nutsandbolts
    Moderator
    Post count: 3131

    Have you talked to Time.ly’s support team? Unfortunately if you know the issue is caused by a plugin, there isn’t a lot anyone can do on this end.


    Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

    #73273

    FireSamurai
    Participant
    Post count: 42

    Ahoy there. I did post in their forum as well. The thing is, I’m not exactly sure that the issue is caused by their plugin, or rather my own code. I’ve developed other themes that are not conflicting with the plugin, so I tend to think that it’s something on my end (though their code isn’t exactly the most error-free either).

    When I run diagnostics, I get some script errors being thrown from their plugin.


    My Websites: TheCookingDish.com | ChrisMower.com
    Connect with me: Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Google +

    #77270

    FireSamurai
    Participant
    Post count: 42

    Finally figured it out. In the normalize CSS code I’ve been using (git.io/normalize), the following portion of the html declaration breaks IE8:

    html{font-family:sans-serif;

    So I just removed the font-family:sans-serif; and it’s good now.


    My Websites: TheCookingDish.com | ChrisMower.com
    Connect with me: Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Google +

    #77272

    FireSamurai
    Participant
    Post count: 42

    I finally figured it out. In the normalize CSS code I’ve been using (git.io/normalize), the following portion of the html declaration breaks IE8:

    html{font-family:sans-serif;

    So I just removed the font-family:sans-serif; and it’s good now.


    My Websites: TheCookingDish.com | ChrisMower.com
    Connect with me: Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Google +

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.