Sixteen Nine background color

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Sixteen Nine background color

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Drew 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jalodico
    Participant

How do I change the background color in sixteen nine. I tried doing it using the background settings under appearance but no change. Also tried directly changing the color using firebug but can’t seem to find the proper code.

Maybe what I’m really trying to do is change the color in the right sidebar? Or is there an overlay on the image?

Any help would be appreciated.

David Neff
    Participant

Check your theme instructions

jalodico
    Participant

Hmm…hadn’t thought of that.

However, although I actually did check the instructions before starting this thread (and searched the forum), hence the need to turn to the forum for help, the method for changing the background image in the instructions did not work. (appearance/background/background color).

Unless there are instructions other than the “get started” instructions of which I’m not aware.

Robin
    Participant

In your css, you will need to change the background-color of the .site-header element.

/*
    Site Header
    —————————————————————————————————- */

.site-header {
    background-color: #000;
    color: #999;
    float: left;
    height: 100%;
    padding-top: 40px;
    padding-top: 4rem;
    position: fixed;
    text-align: center;
    width: 240px;
    }

Need help customizing your website? Let me know at RKW Media.

I’m taking up The Challenge by answering some of the Unanswered Posts.

Drew
    Participant

I had the same question as the OP. I know I can edit the CSS manually, but isn’t that what the appearance tab is for? It handles the text color, but not the background color.

Drew
    Participant

Just got this response via email technical support:

Sixteen-Nine uses a custom background solution so the color feature does not work, only the image feature. You can customize the theme to change the way the background works, but the simplest solution is to just create a 1×1 image in the color you want. This will load quickly, stretch to fit any device, and if you ever decide to use the background image as designed it will work for that too.

I guess the color control in the admin panel is inherited from the Genesis parent theme. The child theme should either remove that, or create a workaround.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.