Sixteen Nine: Featured Image

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Sixteen Nine: Featured Image

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fillelectrique 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

brother7
    Participant

Does Sixteen Nine use Featured Image?
    If not,
    1. On the demo site for the article The Story Behind “Sixteen Nine”, is the image inserted directly into the article, not as a Featured Image?
    2. Is the Featured Image used ANYWHERE in the Sixteen Nine theme?
    3. Even if not used in the theme, is it worth uploading a Featured Image anyway, for example, to appear as the thumbnail when posting the URL on Facebook?
    4. In regards to #3, what is the desired/preferred/best practice size or aspect ratio of a Featured Image?

Thanks in advance.

http://demo.studiopress.com/sixteen-nine/

braddalton
    Participant

1. The demo site uses 640 x 250. The image is inserted into the post and also added as a featured image.

2. You can add a featured image to any posts and it will display on all archive pages. The settings are Located at Genesis > Theme Settings > Content Archives

3. Yes. Adding a featured image is a good idea for many reasons.

4. Personally i think the height should be half the width. This way a 640 x 320 image will resize perfectly to 320 x 160 which you can use in archives.

All you do is add theme support for image sizes in your child themes functions.php file:

add_image_size( 'featured-image', 640, 320, true );

You can also make any featured image display before or after the post title without inserting the image into each post by using PHP code.

WordPress Developer & Consultant
    Brad Dalton400+ StudioPress Tutorials & 1200+ Code snippets

fillelectrique
    Participant

My client’s blog featured image is being uploaded and placed at it’s original size, causing stretching, and general freakout by the client.

How can this be fixed. I’ve been able to replicate what she does and I too get the stretched image.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.