Sixteen Nine Pro: Primary Sidebar on Mobile Devices

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Sixteen Nine Pro: Primary Sidebar on Mobile Devices

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nerdworker 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

AC
    Blocked

I need the Primary Sidebar to show up on mobile devices and I cannot for the life of me get it to work. Does anyone know how to get it to show up? It’s not showing up on the demo and my site is on maintenance.

nerdworker

Hi Anita,

Probably an obvious question, but have you checked what the mobile media queries are doing?

Stefanie
    nerdworker.com

AC
    Blocked

Yes, I’ve looked there to see if it’s there but displaying “none” and it’s not. I tried manually adding it down there and it still doesn’t show up.

nerdworker

Does it show correctly in the regular desktop view? Have you done customizations to the site? If not, perhaps reinstalling the theme. If so, perhaps reviewing your changes to be sure nothing inadvertently caused it? Kind of hard to diagnose without seeing something.

AC
    Blocked

It shows up fine. As I mentioned, The Sixteen Nine Pro demo doesn’t show the primary sidebar on mobile devices either.

nerdworker

Maybe I’m missing something? When I view the official demo (http://demo.studiopress.com/sixteen-nine/) on my mobile emulator, the left-side menu goes to the top with a hamburger drop-down and the right sidebar goes to the bottom.

AC
    Blocked

Just figured it out. I only made one small change to the CSS – and that was – added: position: fixed; to that area. When you have it set to fixed so it doesn’t scroll – it blocks it from showing up on mobile devices. Thanks for jumping in here.

nerdworker

I’m glad you got it figured out! :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sixteen Nine Pro: Primary Sidebar on Mobile Devices’ is closed to new replies.