Sixteen Nine Theme: Menu icon does not display

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Sixteen Nine Theme: Menu icon does not display

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fotodog13 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

cspowers
    Participant

Greetings, I have a sandbox site at test.taprootmedia.com that I’ve used to kick the tires of Genesis 2.0 and Sixteen Nine Pro theme. First of all, let me say I really really like this theme. It’s does a great job of balancing the tradeoffs between mobile responsiveness and looking good/customization.

But I’m seeing something odd with the menu icon on small screens. I have a widget with a custom menu installed on the primary sidebar (left side).

If I look at it full screen on my browser it looks great. As I make the width of the browser narrower and narrower, side bar moves to the top of the page and the menu is displayed in it. Like that. And as the width gets smaller and smaller, the menu eventually disappears and is replace by a small icon that looks like three horizontal bars. If I click on it, some space opens up underneath it and the men reappears. Nice. All this looks and works great.

But it doesn’t quite work on my phone. I have a Galaxy Nexus (360 px wide in portrait mode). Instead of the 3 bar icon under the widget name, there is just blank, black space. If I touch it, it briefly flashes blue then the menu appears. If I touch it again, the menu disappears. So the behavior seems correct, but the icon is not displaying.

I tried it with both the phone’s default browser and the Chrome browser for mobile.

Anyone else see this problem? Is there a work around?

fotodog13
    Participant

cs-
    I am not seeing that on my iphone (4gs and 5) however I do not see the 3 horizontal bars that would normally open and shut the menu- appearing at all. I do see your search tool on the right side of the menu and its pretty sweet how you got that in there, but not seeing those horizontal bars at all. FYI the menu and the site seem to work fine to me on my devices.

I am using the same menu on my testsite ( http://beaphotoninja.com/testsite ) and got it working but its bringing the menu in the open or expanded position- any ideas as to what would cause that? anyone?
    I

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.