Slider CSS

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Vajrasar Goswami 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dpbklyn
    Participant

Hello,

When I edit the CSS for the slider, is it best to edit the CSS that is in the plugin/slider directory, or is there a better way to do this?  Is there a problem with updates, etc. if I edit the CSS in the plugin directory?

Thank you,

dp

David Phillips
    Owner, St. Louis IT Solutions, LLC

Vajrasar Goswami
    Participant

Well, I can tell you what I do in such scenario. If you know that the plugin WILL be updated, then it is best to find out the elements which you want to change and use it in your theme’s stylesheet like If I need to adjust height of the div with the id = main to 20 px then I will write this in theme’s style sheet -

#main {

height: 20px !important;

}

So “!important” will override the default style. But sometimes you won’t see any change (which is like 1 in 100 times chance), then you have no other option than to change plugin’s style sheet and keep record of it so that you can do it again after the plugin gets updated.

Sometimes I also use Genesis Simple Hooks Plugin for describing any particular style early during the site load by using

<style type=text/css>

____desired style____

</style>

these tags in upper sections of the Simple Hook Plugin.

I know this may not be the best solution, but this is what I do and I would also appreciate if any experienced genesis developer could give us some point if this is not the right way.

Twitter – Vajrasar

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.