Slider Images Not Centered

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Slider Images Not Centered

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kent 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Kent
    Participant

Hi,

I’m confused. Can anyone tell me why a slider set to dimensions of 575×325 and a feature image with the same dimensions does not equal a feature image centered directly in the slider window?

Example: http://kentfackenthall.com/rossneilsen/

I’ve adjusted slider css to remove borders, padding, etc, no dice.

Thanks,

-Kent

Dad. Biker. Designer. | kentfackenthall.com | Circle me on Google+, and say hi so I can add you to my WordPress circle!

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    Ah, that Amped theme. :-) I have a business client that uses that, and it looks, well, so rock and roll. :-) Anyhow… there are a LOT of moving parts, so identifying every little bit can’t be done easily from outside. But I’ve got one clue for you. Note the width of this DIV. It’s somewhat different from 575px, and that may be a starting point for an investigation.

[css]
    .featured-top-right {
    float: right;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    width: 580px;
    }
    [/css]

Hope that helps a bit.
    Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Kent
    Participant

Thanks David,

I’ll dig around a bit in that direction.

-Kent

Dad. Biker. Designer. | kentfackenthall.com | Circle me on Google+, and say hi so I can add you to my WordPress circle!

David Chu
    Participant

Sounds good, Kent!

Even as a CSS hacker, I can sympathize – sliders are very complicated, loads of HTML and loads of CSS. And a whole lot of them have padding or margins you don’t know about until you start digging.

When you think about a slider, it’s pretty amazing: generally they are wider than your page, and they selectively display, vanish, and slide stuff back and forth, and now people stuff everything possible into them. Making that work is a feat of coding. :-)

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Kent
    Participant

Dave,

Thanks, I figured it out but it’s been awhile so I don’t remember exactly what I did! Closing the post though.

Cheers!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.