slider on Homepage – Prose Child Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks slider on Homepage – Prose Child Theme

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  lliillaa 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

vikas@drhomeo.com
    Participant

Hi , How can I add responsive slider to the homepage ( non-static) in prose theme

kpgdimension
    Participant

great question… as I am working on the prose theme and am pretty lost.. do you have any idea how you would add a content area under that.. kind of like this.

http://www.grant-properties.com

I made that up using the infocus theme, but just purchased genesis and am totally lost.

thx..

lliillaa
    Participant

I’d like the same slider on the home page but with my most recent blog posts under.

I’ve seen a child theme like the grant-properties.com website kpgdimension mentioned above. If I were you, kpgdimension, I’d ask if I could change from the Prose theme to the Outreach theme because I’m beginning to think it’s not possible. I want a bit of a hybrid with the Slider on top and the blog under, but only on the home page and it seems to be either undoable or some sort of mystery.

AC
    Blocked

You should be able to add a new widget area to place the slider in by following these instructions from Brian Gardener – http://www.briangardner.com/home-widget-area-eleven40/.

@kpgdimension you should post a separate forum question regarding your issue.

lliillaa
    Participant

But I am using the Prose theme and this describes adding a widget area to a different theme. Would it work for Prose as well?

lliillaa
    Participant

I tried the instructions, but it didn’t work. His instructions say to edit the Function.php file which shouldn’t be updated using Prose. I’m sure it’s supposed to be copied and pasted into the Custom Code section but I tried pasting it in the “Custom Functions” section and it didn’t work.

Maybe someone here can give me more explicit directions? I’m kind of new at WordPress so I need a little more guidance.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.