Slider title and excerpt below image

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Slider title and excerpt below image

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  J Atkinson 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

J Atkinson
    Participant

Hello,

I would like the slider title and excerpt to appear below the image, and not as an overlay as it is by default.
    I disabled the style “.slide-excerpt”, to remove the absolute positioning and the title and excerpt now display above the image. Ideally I’d like to change dynamic html so the image prints first.

Note: I tried bottom:0 with neg margin but does not work due to overflow hidden.

Thank you for your time!

anitac
    Participant

Please post a link to your website so we can see what you have so far.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

J Atkinson
    Participant

Hi Anita!

Here is a link to see what I want to achieve. (My dev is still local and not on a live server just yet)

http://janetatkinson.com/website-snapshot/sample.html

As a test: I looked in the slider plugin “plugin.php” file and within the div “slide-wrap” div line 315, I manually moved the php “if $show excerpt…” below the div “slide-image” and it worked.

Obviously, I would not want to make the edit in the plugin. How can I make this change in my child functions.php?

Thank you!

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by  J Atkinson.
    • This reply was modified 10 months ago by  J Atkinson.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.