Smooth scrolling and sticky header

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Smooth scrolling and sticky header

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jjaycallejas 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jjaycallejas
    Participant

Does anyone have any experience implementing smooth scroll, sticky elements (header, navigation, footer, etc), and/or using both together? Is anyone using non-plugin solutions? Is there any resources about implementing this kind of design with wordpress and genesis? Anything to keep an eye out for?

Thanks!

SoZo

For smooth scrolling you need javascript but you can use CSS positioning to fix elements in relation to the viewport.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

jjaycallejas
    Participant

Thanks Sozo, I’ll look into that. I was hoping to try my hand at building sites like these with Genesis. Do you know how feasible this is?

jjaycallejas
    Participant

Hi again, can anyone help me with my sticky navigation css? When I squeeze the page smaller than 960px, the horizontal page scroller won’t to the hidden parts of the header section. It only scrolls the hidden sections of the rest of the page. Anyone have an idea what’s going on here?

http://hope-amundson.com/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.