Social Profiles

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Social Profiles

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ramseyp 1 year ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

metrov
    Participant

Hi, I use “Social Profiles” on my WordPress site. I have two quick
    questions please:

1) The email button opens a new, blank browser window in Chrome (but not FF or IE) when clicked which is not really desirable. Is there a way to prevent that from happening? I found a post with a “hack” fix, but couldn’t find the file that needed to be changed.

2) I’ve used the default setting/link for the “RSS” button, but when clicked, it brings up a page of code and nothing else.
    Are there instructions somewhere for configuring this properly? Thanks very much for your help.

http://www.lightmasters.net

ramseyp
    Participant

The RSS link looks correct. It should be returning an XML file, which it is.

It looks like the plugin’s “Open links in new window” setting is global, so you can’t remove that on a link by link basis. However, you can remove the target attribute on the mailto link with some jquery. In your Genesis Theme Settings, look for the “Header and Footer Scripts” section. In either of them ( I usually use the footer box ), paste this:

<script>jQuery(document).ready(function($){	

$('.social-profiles a[href^="mailto"]').removeAttr('target');

});</script>

That will target a mailto link in the social profiles div and remove it’s target attribute, which causes the blank window to open.

Cheers!

Pat

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.