Some Sidebar Widgets Not Showing

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Some Sidebar Widgets Not Showing

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

TonySan1
    Participant

Hi, i hope everyone had a great weekend. I am using the Genesis theme with the Lifestyle child theme. I can’t get some of my widgets to show in the sidebar. The links widget , tag cloud widget for example will not show. Can anyone help with this problem as to why some widgets will show an some will not?

http://onlinebusinesssystems-diyim.com

Susan

I know the links widget has been deprecated (a while back) – is this a site with a new install of WP and Genesis?

Is the tag cloud widget specific to the Lifestyle child theme? Do you have the issue if you use the default WP theme? My first thought is a plugin conflict.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

TonySan1
    Participant

Hi susan, sorry for the delay at getting back. How could I show my resource links in the sidebar if the links widget has been depreciated? No the tag Cloud widget is WP- Cumulus a WP plugin. I did try a default WP theme and there was no change.

Susan

How could I show my resource links in the sidebar if the links widget has been depreciated?

– a custom menu or plain html :)

The reason I asked if you had a fresh install of WP and Genesis is that if you had been using it for a while, you wouldn’t lose the links widget – it’s only people who are new to WP that don’t have that option.

So, when you say “no change” using the default WP theme, you don’t have either widgets? Then, it’s not a Genesis or Lifestyle theme issue; try to see if it is a plugin conflict.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.