Sticky post at top of blog page? Can it be done?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Sticky post at top of blog page? Can it be done?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  dev 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dev
    Participant

Does anyone know a plugin that will keep a post as “sticky” … always at the top of the blog page? I tired two of them but they don’t work on the theme I’m using with HTML5. (Appfinite’s Legacy.)

The “sticky” check box in “quick edit’ of a post only works on homepage blogs. It does not work on an interior blog page. I don’t know why.

I have some code (below) that will create a widget area at the top of the blog page, and that works. But it is not really what I want. I want one post to always be at the top… like “Welcome to my blog page…..”

Thanks.

// For widget area at top of blog page... put in the blog-page ID where the XXX's are

genesis_register_sidebar( array(
        'id'        => 'text-before-blog',
        'name'      => 'Text Before Blog',
        'description'   => 'This is the widget for displaying text before blog posts.',
    ) );

add_action('genesis_before_content', 'apparition_text_before_blog' );
    function apparition_text_before_blog() {

if( is_page(XXXXXX) ) {
            echo '<div class="text-before-blog">';
                dynamic_sidebar( 'text-before-blog' );
            echo '</div>';
        }
    }

dev
    Participant

I hate to bump things, but I can’t believe there isn’t some way to keep a post at the top? Maybe a plugin that works?

Thanks for any help.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.