Sticky Posts within Featured Posts

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Sticky Posts within Featured Posts

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Kent
    Participant

Anyone know if there’s a way to make posts sticky within the Genesis Featured Posts widget?

My dev site is here: http://fdsa.org/dev_site/

Under the slider, 2nd item over is a ‘Latest News’ widget, pulling from a ‘News’ Category. I’ve tried the built in ‘Stick this post to the Homepage’ option in the WP Admin and that doesn’t work. Ideally, I’m trying to set it up so the client could make a post that would stick to the top of the widget on the Homepage.

The obvious workaround would be to just edit the post to be the most recent, but that’s laborious and a shortcut. I’d like to try and figure out how to do it the right way.

-Kent

Dad. Biker. Designer. | kentfackenthall.com | Circle me on Google+, and say hi so I can add you to my WordPress circle!

Susan

Kent – did you find a solution to this? My thought would be to add a text widget under the slider – it’s not a post per se, but it would be content that would remain there until updated by your client.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Kent
    Participant

Susan,

I was told by Studiopress support that there wasn’t a way to do this. Yet.

What I ended up doing was putting 2 Feature Post widgets in the same spot and then having the client use different Post Categories for the ones they wanted to remain ‘Sticky’. It’s kind of wonky with the spacing and the widget titles, but it’s working ok for now. :)

If you’re curious, you can see it in action here: http://www.fdsa.org – in the 2nd from left widget area.

-Kent

Dad. Biker. Designer. | kentfackenthall.com | Circle me on Google+, and say hi so I can add you to my WordPress circle!

Susan

Glad you got a work-around. I will close this as “resolved” – go ahead and create a new post if you have another question.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Sticky Posts within Featured Posts’ is closed to new replies.