Stop Older post function

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Stop Older post function

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sunil Govind 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Sunil Govind
    Participant

I noticed with the genesis framework on the home page  or category page is shows «Older Posts  , this is creating several more pages and google is indexing these page example http://blog.orlandoescape.com/page/2  and so on .
    This is a huge negative as it is creating  duplicate pages with the same titles. How can I change that or your ideas are welcome.
    Thanks

braddalton
    Participant

Use the Genesis SEO Settings > Canonical Paginated Archives

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

kejabe
    Participant

How can you make the same change when using the Yoast WordPress SEO plugin? The Genesis SEO options no longer exist with that plugin activated?

braddalton
    Participant

Can’t advise you on that plugin because i don’t use it. I use the Genesis SEO settings.

kejabe
    Participant

I switched to using Genesis SEO. Converted all the seo data over from WordPress SEO using the SEO Data Transporter plugin and made sure that Canonical Paginated Archives was checked. Result – no change,  still getting the /page/2 etc. showing. Any other ideas Brad (or anyone else) please?

braddalton
    Participant

Thats what i did also.

You can remove the pagination but if you have configured the SEO settings correctly, there’s no need to worry about duplication.
    [php]
    remove_action( ‘genesis_after_endwhile’, ‘genesis_posts_nav’ );
    [/php]

Sunil Govind
    Participant

Kejabe , are you still having issues on this matter . I deleted all my SEO plugins and now using the Genesis plugin , also checked the Canonical Paginated Archives . Brad when you say configured the SEO settings correctly, does that mean just checking the box or we need to do anything further.

Thanks

Sunil

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.